Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Ambigram

This post is dated back to the day when I crafted that ambigram.

Initially, the female protagonist of 'Oops!' was named Sneha but since Sneha happened to be the name of a friend of a friend of mine, so I had to change it. Of many beautiful names that I came across, I chose Tanya - primary reason for which was not that it was cool or smart name, but it made it possible to make an ambigram of Kanav-Tanya together. I've included one instance in the novel where Kanav gifts Tanya an ambigram with both their names in it.

Not long ago, inspired from the book Angels and Demons, I discovered that I was gifted naturally in drawing ambigrams for any word. But, drawing it on a digital interface was certainly a pain in the ass.

Today, after learning a special technique called vectors in photoshop through internet, I finally made that ambigram on a digital interface. It took me four hours of neck-breaking efforts to complete the whole task with perfection. Interestingly, I made this whole ambigram without using any mouse - just using my mouse-pad.

You need to read the book to see the ambigram.

P.S. I can proudly proclaim that 'Oops! 'I' fell in love!' is the first novel in Indian history which contains an original ambigram in it.

7 comments:

  1. i still havent read the book...but i guess...the behind the scene thing gives me a thrill for sure...!! :)

    and that ambigram keeps the interest alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just finished the book...fantastic!!!

    dying to knw more abt ur story...whether u meet @ Ruchi's bday or i US!!

    Kudos man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Angshumaan, thanks a ton for your feedback. The duo are still together and even Tanya's mother agreed, after persistent love from Kanav's side. They are happily together, preparing for CAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Feeling good man by listening that u both get united at the last....

      Delete
  4. hey dude i loved ur book i read it whole very interestingly and is keen interested to read it further can uu tell me is it a real story or its just ur inagination

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work...
    the characters are truly amazing.
    and the ambigram just made it like a complete story...

    ReplyDelete