Thursday, July 2, 2009

Tryst with my passion

My Passion

Someone asked me, "What is success in your eyes?"
"Success is finding your passion", I replied.
"What is passion?", he asked.
"It is anything you can lose your sleep for."
"Have you ever lost it?", he inquired.
I opened my eyes and exclaimed,
"I did!" And I began writing this.
Oh Gosh! I had just found my passion!

I had found my passion. I lost my sleep for it. My fingers would be tired typing but my eyes were thrilled to imagine what was to come. I so desperately wanted to complete the novel as soon as possible but the strenuous class hours bereaved me of time to complete the thing. My major exam approached and I gave this novel a break at Chapter-19 for about two weeks.

The day my exam ended, when the rest of the janta was busy enjoying the as-comforting-as-sleep holidays, I lost my sleep forever. After having a night-out studying for the exam; I sat in front of my computer for nine hours at a stretch and then heaved the greatest sigh of relief - I finished the novel - and the end was better than what I had hoped for.

What more? Visitors were flooding, novel was being appreciated from all around, the feedback engine was fed over 300 comments from all around the country and I was happy as never before. There were no advertisements in the blog, since I wrote because of being driven with a passion for writing, rather than money; and this made the blog more popular, since advertisements seem to disturb while reading.

Meanwhile, I was searching for a better title for the novel. I came across several titles like 'Bulb Fused', 'Faux Pas', 'On your mark, get set, oops!' and then came the final one 'Oops! - An Erroneous Love Story'. This remained the final title of the novel in the blog until I contacted the publisher. I liked the new name and as far as the readers go, they too followed me in liking it.

Dec. 2008
I went back home, fully satisfied with my creation; and until then I had not told even my parents about it. My sister Saumya knew about the novel however, with her being the biggest motivator to my writings. Talking about my parents, they got very excited when they heard about it - though I have not allowed them to read the manuscript(not even till now), and my Dad jokingly asked me to contact any publisher for giving those 28,000 words(= 110 pages) a form of a book.

P.S. Click here to go to the next post - How I got published?

No comments:

Post a Comment