Sunday, August 16, 2009

Excerpts

Dedication:
Dedicated to all the single girls in this universe. Thanks for providing great relief to the guys.

Prologue:
She began thinking about what I had said. Before she could reflect on what I really meant, I averred, “I write – articles…articles, short stories and…and for the past few weeks…I have been planning to write… write a novel.”

GOD forgive me for lying! I just wanted to impress her. However, I did have a blog which had been untouched for the past one month. I had written just about a couple of articles in it depicting my miserable condition after getting the grades of my first semester and the hostel politics during the elections. Writing a novel, or even a short story, was a thing that I could not imagine even in my dreams.

“That’s impressive. What sort of novel are you planning to write?”

“Umm…A love story.” I said without giving prior thought.

It is said that look before you leap, but once you leap, never look back. Now since I had leapt, though without even looking, there was no looking back.

“Wow!” She said, her eyes twinkling in curiosity.

“But the only problem is that I don’t have any first hand experience of love. I need some experiences which can teach me how it feels to be in love, how separation affects love and what change love brings in a person.” I said interrupting her ‘wow’ midway. Nonetheless, I was back on the road of truth. Quite relieved.

A year later, did I realize that she was the one who would give me all the first-hand experiences and would be my inspiration of doing something that I could not have imagined, not even in my dreams.

Chapter 1:
She was looking at me. Her eyes had desire, a passionate desire. Strikingly beautiful - she was. The soft drizzle rendered her even more beautiful. Lips wet and her clothes drenched kissing her body elucidating her ravishing figure. The curls outlining her face proved to be a slide to the mizzle. My eyes were wide open as if I had just seen God. Actually, I had. Not God, rather a goddess. A goddess, whose flawless beauty was untouched and undiscovered by this world.

Adjectives, I was short of. Diva-hottie-sexy-ravishing-alluring were words quite insufficient to describe even a bit of her charm. I was transfixed as if in a trance. I didn’t know her and neither did I want to know. But she was with me, I didn’t know how! Her presence had captivated me and flushed my mind of all of its lust-less thoughts.

Just a meter away from her, I stood. Lost completely, in her ecstatic charm. It was the first time, mine as well as hers.

She stretched her hands; those thin long fingers were going to take me over. Her soft fingers fondled my rain-bathed hair; spoiling my urban hairstyle. It did not matter as long as it was she who was doing so! The fingers didn’t stop; they went on and on. Next target, a bit lower was my bucket-shaped-frustum-like neck.

The fingers, nails to be specific, pricked the slender epidermis of my neck making a drop of fearsome red-fluid trickle down my vertebral column. The rain did a sleek task of diluting the drop of blood making it quite colorless by the time it reached my jeans.

It did hurt; a bit more than a pinprick, but the very pain gave pleasure. Immense pleasure. The surrounding was exotic with no trace of life anywhere around us. I held her by her waist. It was just the two of us across the whole globe. Horizon seemed much like an oil on canvas, tinges of orange sunlight, which had just set, mixing with the soothing darkness of night.

I pulled her towards me abruptly, my heart waiting for this moment since the day I bawled out on this planet. Our bosoms were kissing each other. It would be more apt to say that mine was pushing against hers!

............buy the book to read ahead..........

Chapter 12:
Indore. I was at home – all alone. My parents and sister had been away for a wedding.

I had a God-gifted allergy to these social gatherings; especially gatherings with a hell lot of backbone-breaking-touch-their-feet-kinda’ relatives. My IIT tag posed another problem – I was to be introduced to each and every person my parents knew, that means near about two-hundred leg-pulling.

Even when my parents didn’t introduce me to the relatives, they themselves came over to me and interviewed me with very peculiar questions concerning my likes and dislikes, age and future-wage. After all, for their plump daughters, I was (and still am!) a prospective bridegroom material! It is a real tragedy being an IITian amongst those few IITians in your race.

From Chapter 17:
“Where is the surprise you brought for me?” Tanya asked suddenly.
“You remember it? I thought you would forget it.” I said.
“I don’t forget surprises!” She replied.
“Ok. You will have to close your eyes for it.” I said and she closed her eyes with a smile on her face.
“Here is your surprise. It’s we.” I said and pulled out the ambigram having our names on it from both the sides.
“Wow, it’s so beautiful. Have you made it?” Tanya exclaimed as she saw Tanya-Kanav.

“Yeah! Turn it 180 degrees and you will see the same thing once again.” I said and turned the paper by 180 degrees. The names still embellished the paper.

“It’s so artistic. You never told me that you knew how to draw one!”
“That’s the surprise, isn’t it?” I said. She took it and kept it in her wallet.
“You are such a sweetheart.” She said.


From Chapter 22:
I looked up at the velvety blackness of the sky
And I see stars adorning nights dress so bright
Even diamonds may feel shy
And then I see one
That breaks free and shoots to
I know not where

Oh little star!
Will you take my wish to her who is so far
Tell her that I am
Just a little lonely here...

What are you waiting for? Go and grab the book...

7 comments:

  1. hey this is lovly.....u r a good poet when it comes to writing poems.........n please dont mind bt u have really put things in a humerous way......simply cool....n i hav just read the excerpts now.......get back to u after reading the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmm..........man..... tht part wen ur protagonist is at a party .....its just 2 good
    ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyy..i read ur novel..
    pretty good work...

    n ur story ,,,the way it ends....made me sad..
    such a wonderful date n ended up in such a mess... i sypathised wid the protangonist..

    by the way...is it ur own real story??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ritika

    Thanks for your kind comment.

    It didn't end in a mess, rather it ended in a new beginning. Through my P.S. I wanted to convey, "Love never ends, it only begins - always."

    I wish it had been my story, but I never had the sacred privilege of adorning my teeth with shiny braces, so had to exploit my 'exaggerating' imagination. Real life is not so funny after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi..............really nice story........
    really liked the b'day party discription...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel very connected to Kanav,maybe because i too am quite shy,reserved kind of guy infront of the opposite sex but when they get to know me (if i'm lucky enough) i do crazy stuff with them (in a good way )like kanav did.

    And call it co incidence or what, the prologue incident happened with me too,before i read the novel.Each and every thing about the incident happened with me exactly .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, i have jst read the book it was jst awsome man. I jst luv it a lot... But i have a doubt that the story which is in the novel is based on ur life or what??? If s then i want to know what happen next??? Did u met her at ruchi's b'day?? Kindly plz rply. Bcoz i m so curious to know the further

    ReplyDelete